Please contact jonathan(dot)alexander(at)vocalocity(dot)com or call 404 239 2652 to discuss.
Vocalocity, a leading provider of cloud-based business phone systems, is seeking a motivated DBA to join the core development team based in Atlanta. The successful candidate will join an energetic team and a fast-growing organization, and will help administer and tune multiple databases for cloud-based and mobile solutions. Team members are expected to demonstrate creativity and initiative, and must be self-motivating with ability to work independently and with minimal managerial oversight.
Primary roles and responsibilities for this position include:
* Maintain and improve database performance and replication.
* Work with developers on new features and system changes.
* Implement automated testing and scripts to ensure safe upgrades and system changes.
* Evaluate and implement monitoring solutions to ensure smooth and efficient operations 24/7.
* Work with internal business users to integrate database with operational systems and implement a variety of business data analysis solutions.
Skills and experience for this position include:
* 4+ years recent experience in database administration or similar with PostgreSQL or Oracle
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
* Strong experience in SQL development and database tuning
* Strong experience designing relational database schemas
* Excellent communication skills
* Experience working with Slony or PosgreSQL 9 replication a plus
* Experience developing data warehouses or data mining solutions a plus
* Experience working with production databases on VMware a plus
pgsql-jobs by date
|Next:||From: Gayathri Theenthayalan||Date: 2011-01-24 20:21:03|
|Subject: Looking for PostgreSQL DBA Architect/Administrator|
|Previous:||From: Casey Allen Shobe||Date: 2011-01-21 21:04:43|
|Subject: Re: Junior DBA for Financial Services Company in