clarification on continuous / incremental

From: Matthew Bartholomew <mattb(at)mixpo(dot)com>
To: "pgus-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgus-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: clarification on continuous / incremental
Date: 2009-02-23 23:53:29
Lists: pgus-general
I am looking for some clarification on continuous / incremental backups for postgresql 8.3.  Any guidance is appreciated.

-          Can the terms incremental and continuous be used interchangeably when describing archive mode?  Or is there a continuous recovery mode and an incremental archive mode?

o   I would be very interested in a continuous recovery mode if such an option exists...

-          Is pg_standby the only HA warm standby setup or is there another type of HA warm standby setup that I am overlooking?

pgus-general by date