Re: ER Diagramming Tools?

From: "Roth, Gabrielle" <gabrielle(dot)roth(at)xo(dot)com>
To: <pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ER Diagramming Tools?
Date: 2007-03-28 22:27:39
Lists: pdxpug
>    DIA apparently does ER diagramming. Anyone here have any
> experience with
> it? Are there other tools available?

(My primary need from a diagramming tool is network diagrams - Dia does
ok with small ones.  I have not found a comparable F/LOSS to e.g. netViz
yet - Dia is the closest thing.  But then, I haven't looked that hard

I've gone the opposite direction from what you're asking - I've used
PostgreSQL Autodoc: to generate Dia diagrams.
IME you have to tinker a bit with Dia to get the diagram laid out
correctly, but I also have an old version.

It looks like (from the projects listed on that there are a couple of
options to generate SQL from a Dia diagram, but I've not tried to do

Sounds like a fact-finding mission is in order!  I'm interested in
hearing what you find out, Richard.