pgsql: During recovery,if we reach consistent state and still have ent

From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)iki(dot)fi>
To: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql: During recovery,if we reach consistent state and still have ent
Date: 2011-12-02 08:56:55
Lists: pgsql-committers
During recovery, if we reach consistent state and still have entries in the
invalid-page hash table, PANIC immediately. Immediate PANIC is much better
than waiting for end-of-recovery, which is what we did before, because the
end-of-recovery might not come until months later if this is a standby
server.

Also refrain from creating a restartpoint if there are invalid-page entries
in the hash table. Restarting recovery from such a restartpoint would not
see the invalid references, and wouldn't be able to cross-check them when
consistency is reached. That wouldn't matter when things are going smoothly,
but the more sanity checks you have the better.

Fujii Masao

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/1e616f639156b2431725f7823c999486ca46c1ea

Modified Files
src/backend/access/transam/xlog.c      |   32 ++++++++++++----
src/backend/access/transam/xlogutils.c |   63 ++++++++++++++++++++++----------
src/include/access/xlog.h              |    2 +
src/include/access/xlogutils.h         |    1 +

pgsql-committers by date

Next:From: Dave PageDate: 2011-12-02 10:30:35