host/port/dbname vs. conninfo string

From: "Albe Laurenz" <laurenz(dot)albe(at)wien(dot)gv(dot)at>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: host/port/dbname vs. conninfo string
Date: 2008-05-21 10:08:49
Lists: pgsql-odbc
To define an ODBC data source, you have to enter
host, port and database name.

We would like to use the "service" parameter instead,
because we want to use LDAP connection parameter lookup

It would be great if, as an alternative to "regular"
connection parameters, one could enter an arbitrary conninfo string
(as in the libpg function PQconnectdb).

Would such an addition be welcome?
Should I try and add this functionality to the driver?

Laurenz Albe

pgsql-odbc by date