Re: Modifying selected records

From: "Oliveiros C," <oliveiros(dot)cristina(at)marktest(dot)pt>
To: "Ruzsinszky Attila" <ruzsinszky(dot)attila(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "postgresql novice" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Modifying selected records
Date: 2009-09-02 11:26:42
Lists: pgsql-novice
Well, one way to do it with just sql , AFAIK, at least, is
to use something like (untested)

SELECT  COUNT(query2.*),
query1.all_kod,quey1.nev,query1.megall,query1.erkezik_ido,query1.indul_ido,'910_'
|| COUNT(query2.*)
FROM (/*your query goes here */) query1, (/*and here */) query2
WHERE query1.indul_ido >= query2.indul_ido

Try this out, then tell me if it worked

I'm Assuming that no two trains depart at the same time. Is this true?

Also, be aware that this is quite slow when the output becomes too extense,
and it is suitable only for small outputs.

Best,
Oliveiros

PS- Always include the mailing list in CC, as someone more knowledgeable
than me may help you faster and/or better