postmaster: cannot create INET stream port

From: "Veera Sivakumar" <vsivakumar(at)rm(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: postmaster: cannot create INET stream port
Date: 2005-03-16 09:18:24
Lists: pgsql-ports
Hi,
I have successfully installed postgres 7.3.1 on windows 2000 server. When I am trying to start the server using, net start postmaster , postmaster service did not started.
I got the following message in postmaster.log
postmaster: cannot create INET stream port.
Any insight would be greatly appreciable.

Regards
Veera Surathu
Visit our Website at http://www.rm.com

This message is confidential. You should not copy it or disclose its contents to anyone. You may use and apply the information for the intended purpose only. Internet communications are not secure; therefore, RM does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. Any views or opinions presented are those of the author only and not of RM. If this email has come to you in error, please delete it, along with any attachments. Please note that RM may intercept incoming and outgoing email communications.

This email has been scanned for viruses by Trend ScanMail.

pgsql-ports by date

Next:From: Neil KilleenDate: 2005-03-17 00:43:17