How can I find a broken row in a table

From: Khangelani Gama <Khangelani(dot)Gama(at)ucs-software(dot)co(dot)za>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: How can I find a broken row in a table
Date: 2010-04-16 08:22:27
Lists: pgsql-admin
Please help me, I am using PostgreSQL 7.3.4 running on Redhat5

there is a table that has a broken row, but now I don't know which one is broken. the table has about 20974 pages. is there a command to find this? because I used select commands like: select * from table order by column desc limit X ; select * from table order by column asc limit X; but as soon as I say select * from table; it throws out an error, saying can't read block.

Thanks in advance

Khangelani

Confidentiality Notice:http://ucs.co.za/conf.html

The contents of and attachments to this e-mail are intended for the addressee only, and may contain the confidential information of UCS Group and/or its subsidiaries. Any review, use or dissemination thereof by anyone other than the intended addressee is prohibited. If you are not the intended addressee please notify the writer immediately and destroy the e-mail. UCS Group Limited and its subsidiaries distance themselves from and accept no liability for unauthorised use of their e-mail facilities or e-mails sent other than strictly for business purposes.

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Alexandre LeclercDate: 2010-04-16 13:18:20