Re: pg_ctl question

From: "Bender, Cheryl" <cbender(at)mriresearch(dot)org>
To: "Jeff Stout" <jstout(at)cctus(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_ctl question
Date: 2004-06-28 21:41:46
Lists: pgsql-admin
<<I am able to set the database to start upon boot, but
can not get pgAdmin to connect. >>

The easiest way is to set it in postgresql.conf, which is put in your
data folder when you run initdb.

Near the beginning of the file you should see something like
tcpip_socket=true
port=5432

Except that these lines are commented out by default.  Uncomment them
and restart pgsql after saving this file.

I almost forgot--If you haven't already done this, in order to connect
from pgadmin you will also need to change your pg_hba.conf file as well
to tell it what host(s) to allow.

Here is a simple entry to allow all hosts on a subnet to connect to all
databases

#TYPE        DATABASE     USER           IP-ADDRESS         IP-MASK
METHOD
host          all          all           192.168.0.0
255.255.255.0  trust

Cheryl Bender

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Jim SeymourDate: 2004-06-28 21:57:28
Previous:From: Ivo RossacherDate: 2004-06-28 21:38:24
Subject: Change the character encoding of a database