Re: postmaster blues after system restart

From: "Thomas F(dot) O'Connell" <tfo(at)sitening(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: postmaster blues after system restart
Date: 2005-10-14 20:49:29
Lists: pgsql-admin
The culprit that ended up leading to my original post was an NFS
script that cleans out /tmp. It was running as the last thing in a
given boot level, so it blew away the socket file in /tmp.

Restarting postgres after boot recreated the file, so that explained
the behavior discrepancy I was seeing.

Thomas F. O'Connell
Co-Founder, Information Architect
Sitening, LLC

Open Source Solutions. Optimized Web Development.
110 30th Avenue North, Suite 6
Nashville, TN 37203-6320
615-469-5151 (fax)