initdb

From: dx k9 <bitsandbytes88(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: posgres support <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: initdb
Date: 2009-01-14 00:08:31
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi,

What option can I use with initdb to use PAM for the postgres user as the authentication type, regarding version 8.35?  If I use -W during the initialization, I end up with a md5 hash in the postgres login account, but I want it using PAM.  How can I get rid of the MD5 hash once it's there to force it to use PAM ?  Or is something different about how 8.35 initializes as compared to 8.14 or even 8.24?  Really my postgres user is LDAP, but I didn't configure with LDAP I configured with PAM.

What is the default password of the postgres user if I don't specify the -W with the initialization?

Thanks for any help,
~DjK
http://windowslive.com/howitworks?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t1_allup_howitworks_012009

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: dx k9Date: 2009-01-14 00:38:25
Subject: Re: Strange deadlock error last night