Re: Cannot connect to postgresql - Problem solved - Why / How?

From: Carol Walter <walterc(at)indiana(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Cannot connect to postgresql - Problem solved - Why / How?
Date: 2009-07-27 17:08:10
Lists: pgsql-admin

Problem solved. I don't know why!

Nothing in the pg_hba.conf file or the postgresql.conf file appeared
to be a problem. I was still getting password authorization
failures. I thought the password had changed, perhaps, without my
knowing it. I changed the password to what it was originally was -
and it worked! Then I tried to get into my test database with my test
user. It didn't work. Then I reset the password to what it already
was and it worked. Then I tried this with several other accounts. It
behaved the same way each time.

Does anyone know what might have caused this behavior?

Carol