Re: Postgres-JDBC question

From: "Myatluk Andrey" <Andrey(dot)Myatluk(at)bercut(dot)ru>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgres-JDBC question
Date: 2006-02-01 09:01:27
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Guillaume,

On my host if I run netstat I see the following:

tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:5432 0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN 5557/postmaster

tcp 0 0 :::5432 :::*
LISTEN 5557/postmaster

Do those mean that my database must be accessible from the outside? I
have access from localhost processes, but my attempts to connect to the
database with pgAdmin failed.

Andrey