Re: looking for connection leaks

From: "Guy Rouillier" <guyr(at)masergy(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: looking for connection leaks
Date: 2004-12-31 04:52:41
Lists: pgsql-general
Wiebe de Jong wrote:
> I think I am having a problem with database connection leakage
> between PostgreSQL 7.3.4 on a Linux box and JBoss 2.4.3 on a separate
> Linux box
>
> What would be a good tool for monitoring connection usage and finding
> leaks?

Plain text formatting is encouraged.  I've converted this one.

That version of JBoss is very old.  There newer versions in the 2.4
series, but I'd highly recommend switching to the actively maintained 3
or 4 series.

Don't know about connection logging with PostgreSQL, but JBoss can do
this quite easily.  Quick and easy, just turn on debug for the
connections.  If you want something more customized, every connection
has a unique object reference; you can just print it out in the log.

--
Guy Rouillier

pgsql-general by date

Next:From: ramesh phuleDate: 2004-12-31 05:26:48