pg_fetch_object

From: John DeSoi <desoi(at)pgedit(dot)com>
To: php-db <php-db(at)lists(dot)php(dot)net>, pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_fetch_object
Date: 2005-09-24 00:55:44
Lists: pgsql-php
I'm using PHP 5.0.4, PostgreSQL 8.0.2.

Docs say (http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.pg-fetch-object.php):

object pg_fetch_object ( resource result [, int row [, string
class_name [, array params]]] )

pg_fetch_object() returns an object with properties that correspond
to the fetched row's field names. It can optionally instantiate an
object of a specific class, and pass parameters to that class's
constructor.

I'm passing a class name string as the third parameter, but I only
get back a stdClass object. I also added an array of params as the
4th parameter to pass to the constructor, but it does not appear to
be called.

Has anyone successfully used this to create a class other than stdClass?

Thanks,

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL