Re: Fix for OpenSSL error queue bug

From: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)heroku(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>, David Zuelke <dz(at)heroku(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Fix for OpenSSL error queue bug
Date: 2016-04-26 00:37:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Apr 8, 2016 at 11:43 AM, Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)heroku(dot)com> wrote:
> I'll do so soon. I was waiting on Peter E to take me up on the offer.

Attached is a series of patches for each supported release branch. As
discussed, I would like to target every released version of Postgres
with this bugfix. This is causing users real pain at the moment.

Only the 9.5 backpatch was a simple, conflict-free "git cherry-pick".
Most of the effort here involved producing a clean 9.4 patch. This was
largely mechanical, if a little tricky. In release branches for
releases that preceded 9.4, there were a few further merge conflicts
as I worked backwards through the branches, but those were trivial.

I'm not sure if project policy around backpatching (that commit
messages and so on should match exactly) has anything to say about the
case where backpatching follows several weeks after commit to the
master branch. In the absence of any clear direction on that, I've
created commits that look like what Peter E might have pushed in early
April, had he decided to do that backpatch leg-work up front.

--
Peter Geoghegan

Attachment Content-Type Size
openssl-patches.tar.gz application/x-gzip 7.7 KB