temporal algebra and data type

From: Peter Padua Krauss <ppkrauss(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: temporal algebra and data type
Date: 2012-02-22 12:50:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Hello,

I am new here,
it is a question about "how to colaborate" and/or "where to find", in the
scope of temporal database...

-----

I see the Temporal Postgres,
"a project for making tools and documentation that people can use to better
manage, query, and maintain time data in Postgres",
http://temporal.projects.postgresql.org/

BUT
* the project is oversized for my needs ...
* there are NO complementar "pure SQL" library for manage "sheduling
events".

Searching I find something more close to my necessities, the S.Bailey's
TIMESPAN model, at
 http://scottrbailey.wordpress.com/2009/05/19/timespan-postgresql/

BUT it is not ready for practical use (it is more for didactic use)... THEN
I create
   http://code.google.com/p/temporal-type
that is what I need.

*QUESTIONS: *

1) There are another  project, similar or better than my!? There are "pure
SQL standard libraries" for this?

2) Why something similar (manage events without pg-extension) is not into
the temporal.projects.postgresql.org ?

3) There are another "good place" for colaborate with a simple and "pure
SQL" library project?
   Can I colaborate to the wiki-page?  see
    http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Temporal_Extensions

Next:From: Robert HaasDate: 2012-02-22 12:57:50