Re: Binary I/O for isn extension

From: Shay Rojansky <roji(at)roji(dot)org>
To: Andreas Karlsson <andreas(at)proxel(dot)se>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Binary I/O for isn extension
Date: 2016-05-31 12:13:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> When adding new functions to an extension you need to bump the version of
> the extension by renaming the file, updating the .control file, creating an
> upgrade script, and updating the Makefile to include the new files.

Attached is a new version of the patch, adding an upgrade script and the
rest of it. Note that because, as Fabien noted, there's doesn't seem to be
a way to add send/receive functions with ALTER TYPE, I did that by updating
pg_type directly - hope that's OK.

Attachment Content-Type Size
isn-binary.patch application/octet-stream 145.4 KB