Re: 8.2.23 packages?

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Christoph Berg <cb(at)df7cb(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-pkg-debian(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 8.2.23 packages?
Date: 2012-05-08 14:49:18
Lists: pgsql-pkg-debian
On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 8:13 PM, Christoph Berg <cb(at)df7cb(dot)de> wrote:
> I meant the host where the repository is kept and where people upload new
> versions to and buildds new builds of existing source packages. Requirements
> for that are reprepro installed, a 9.1 PG database, and some way to upload
> stuff. That's most likely just ssh (and maybe rsync).

So it's basically the repository server then? It doesn't *run* any
builds? That's the one I'm working on :-)

> The web frontend is mostly plain files served, plus some CGI scripts
> (DBD::Pg). In case these are separate hosts, the files part would get
> rsynced over.

Check.

> Buildds would need to talk to the DB using the queries I was mentioning
> (probably via a CGI) to figure out what needs building.

All google hits I get for "buildds" are misspellings, so I assumed
above that yours was too. Or is it the same as "buildd"? Do you have
some actual reference to some info for me, since google fails me?

Because the machine I have in mind does *not* have the resources to
actually build anything, we need to do that somewhere else...

> Btw, I'm writing this from the hospital - mother and new boy are well and we
> are very happy :-)

\o/

--
 Magnus Hagander