Re: automating CF submissions (was xlog location arithmetic)

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Gurjeet Singh <singh(dot)gurjeet(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: automating CF submissions (was xlog location arithmetic)
Date: 2012-01-16 17:57:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 3:45 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 09:37, Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
>> On 01/15/2012 03:17 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>>> And FWIW, I'd find it a lot more useful for the CF app to have the
>>> ability to post *reviews* in it, that would end up being properly
>>> threaded.
>> Next you'll be saying we should have some sort of web application to help
>> with the whole review process, show the work on an integrated sort of Review
>> Board or something.  What crazy talk.
> Well, it's early in the morning for being sunday, I blame that.
>> My contribution toward patch review ease for this week is that peg is quite
>> a bit smarter about referring to the correct part of the origin git repo
>> now, when you've been working on a branch for a while then create a new one:
> Being able to refer to a git branch is one of those things that have
> been on the todo list for the cf app since pgcon last year...

Do we have an actual written TODO list for the cf app somewhere?  If
not, I think creating one would be a good idea.  I realize I've been
remiss in addressing some of the things people want, but the lack of
any centralized place where such items are collected doesn't make it

Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company