Re: automating CF submissions (was xlog location arithmetic)

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Gurjeet Singh <singh(dot)gurjeet(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: automating CF submissions (was xlog location arithmetic)
Date: 2012-01-16 17:57:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 3:45 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 09:37, Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
>> On 01/15/2012 03:17 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>>> And FWIW, I'd find it a lot more useful for the CF app to have the
>>> ability to post *reviews* in it, that would end up being properly
>>> threaded.
>>
>> Next you'll be saying we should have some sort of web application to help
>> with the whole review process, show the work on an integrated sort of Review
>> Board or something.  What crazy talk.
>
> Well, it's early in the morning for being sunday, I blame that.
>
>> My contribution toward patch review ease for this week is that peg is quite
>> a bit smarter about referring to the correct part of the origin git repo
>> now, when you've been working on a branch for a while then create a new one:
>>  https://github.com/gregs1104/peg
>
> Being able to refer to a git branch is one of those things that have
> been on the todo list for the cf app since pgcon last year...

Do we have an actual written TODO list for the cf app somewhere?  If
not, I think creating one would be a good idea.  I realize I've been
remiss in addressing some of the things people want, but the lack of
any centralized place where such items are collected doesn't make it
simpler.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company