Re: [sepgsql 1/3] add name qualified creation label

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [sepgsql 1/3] add name qualified creation label
Date: 2013-03-27 12:41:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 10:29 AM, Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp> wrote:
> I asked folks of Debian-JP how and when does package maintainer
> pushes new versions. Usually, new versions shall be pushed to
> unstable branch, then testing and stable. But it is now feature freeze
> period thus it is prohibited to push new features to unstable.
> Thus, newer libselinux (2.1.12) is now in experimental branch, but not
> in unstable branch.
> He also said, the newer libselinux will likely moved to unstable when
> feature freeze is unlocked soon. The pgsql-v9.3 shall be released
> several months later, so it also shall be pushed to unstable branch
> several months later at least. It does not make problems.
> Due to same reason, RHEL7 does not make a problem even if it
> ships with pgsql-9.3, because the latest libselinux already support
> 2.1.10 feature. Thus, required libselinux version should be sufficient
> when pgsql-9.3 become available on Fedora.

Based on KaiGai's analysis, it seems to me that there is no serious
problem here in terms of versioning, and as this patch represents a
small but useful step forward in our support for SELinux integration,
I'd like to go ahead and push it.

Are there serious objections to that course of action?

Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company