Re: odbc_fdw

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Stefan Keller <sfkeller(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com>, Florian Schwendener <fschwend(at)hsr(dot)ch>
Subject: Re: odbc_fdw
Date: 2011-11-29 15:13:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 3:32 AM, Stefan Keller <sfkeller(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> After having read the most recent thread here about FDW [1] I still in
> doubt what the status is of FDW in PostgreSQL 9.1. Looking at the
> official docs of file_fdw as "Additional Supplied Module" [2] there's
> no clue about SQL/MED and what the SQL syntax is. I'd like to
> contribute at least to the documentation given there's any
> implementation activity around FDWs.

I certainly think it's possible that there may be some changes to the
FDW API for 9.2; indeed we've added a few things already (like options
on columns of foreign tables).  I wouldn't expect to that to break
anything though.  odbc_fdw is a third-party FDW that is not part of
the core distribution.  It might be helpful to contact the author, but
if you want help here you at least need to provide some more details.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company