show Heap Fetches in EXPLAIN for index-only scans

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: show Heap Fetches in EXPLAIN for index-only scans
Date: 2012-01-13 15:21:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers
I think that people who are using index-only scans are going to want
some way to find out the degree to which the scans are in fact
index-only.

So here's a 5-line patch that adds the number of heap fetches to the
EXPLAIN ANALYZE output.  This might not be all the instrumentation
we'll ever want here, but I think we at least want this much.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Next:From: Robert HaasDate: 2012-01-13 15:22:20