pqreset?

From: Michael Lam <mlam(at)rim(dot)net>
To: "'pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pqreset?
Date: 2001-11-06 21:23:33
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
My application is trying to keep a pool of consistent connections and uses
libpq.

After a connection is established with PQconnectdb, is there a way a program
can detect a shutdown of the database and try to reconnect?  I have tried
PQreset, but it only works for the situation

start application
start database

but not for

start database
start application
stop database
start database

Has anyone encountered this as well?  I'm using the Forte compiler on
Solaris 7.

Thanks!

Mike

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: LlewDate: 2001-11-06 21:28:29