Feature request: ALTER TABLE tbl SET STATISTICS...

From: Sean Chittenden <sean(at)chittenden(dot)org>
To: PGBugs List <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Feature request: ALTER TABLE tbl SET STATISTICS...
Date: 2004-12-07 07:51:14
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Subject nearly says it all.  Could we add it to the TODO list to have
per table statistics?  I have a table here that requires a stats target
of 1000 in order for it to project values correctly (believe me, tried
everything in increments of 50 from 10 on up, it needs 1000).  The
problem being that the rest of the database works just fine with a
statistics target of 20.  Using per-column stats works, but was kind of
tedious to setup (there are ~20 active columns that need that high of a
stats value).  Anyway, something along the lines of:

ALTER TABLE tbl SET STATISTICS 1000;

would be fantastic.  Thanks.  -sc

--
Sean Chittenden