Re: db connection and script execution error

From: "Tomeh, Husam" <htomeh(at)firstam(dot)com>
To: "jeff shu" <flashqa7(at)yahoo(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: db connection and script execution error
Date: 2005-09-30 17:22:12
Lists: pgsql-admin
 > 1. create db by using postgres manager Lite's create db wizard

 > db name new_db / host : lost host/port: 5432/login: postgres
 > when I tried to connect to this db I got FATAL error, ¡°database new_db doesn¡¯t exist."

***  The above suggest that you haven't created your database (new_db) on the postgres server.

---

 > 2. Then I registered new host on port 5433, tried to connect. I got follwing error, ¡°error connection to server, is the server running on host 127.0.0.1,   and allow TCP/IP connection on port 5433?¡±

***  The above error may be due to not setting up your pg_hba.conf correctly to accept TCP/IP connection from your PC. Or it there could be a firewall issue.

---

 ***  To create a database, you can login to your postgres server as Postgres (or whatever the owner of Postgres is) and issue:

createdb your_db_name ;

You may want to check the PostgreSQL docs on creating a database.

 Husam