Another Data directory for second database - feasible?

From: "Tomeh, Husam" <htomeh(at)firstam(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Another Data directory for second database - feasible?
Date: 2005-04-22 16:10:35
Lists: pgsql-admin

I have a postgres installation with one database on a server. I'd need
to create another database; however, I'm curious if there's a way to
create the second database in a different directory than the existing
one. Is that feasible and how? Or does postgres only point to one data
directory?  Thanks in advance.

--
 Husam

This message contains confidential information intended only for the
use of the addressee(s) named above and may contain information that
is legally privileged.  If you are not the addressee, or the person
responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you are hereby
notified that reading, disseminating, distributing or copying this
message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message by
mistake, please immediately notify us by replying to the message and
delete the original message immediately thereafter.

Thank you.                                       FADLD Tag

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: FBaronDate: 2005-04-22 16:36:46