Re: pg_autovacuum start-script

From: Thomas F(dot)O'Connell <tfo(at)sitening(dot)com>
To: "Matthew T(dot) O'Connor" <matthew(at)zeut(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_autovacuum start-script
Date: 2004-08-27 22:09:24
Lists: pgsql-general
Hmm. Your last point in particular is one I hadn't considered, yet,
largely because it's not relevant to my current problem. For a more
generalized solution, though, it should definitely be considered.

Does pg_autovacuum currently store the pid of the postmaster against
which it's being run? In fact, how does it know against which
postmaster it's being run? It doesn't take a database as an argument,
does it?

-tfo