Linux Sysadmin / Network admin: Raleigh, NC

From: "Jason(dot)ko" <jason(dot)ko(at)bbhmedia(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Linux Sysadmin / Network admin: Raleigh, NC
Date: 2007-10-23 17:42:13
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Linux Systems Administrator for Erotic Web Guide

THE JOB:
The Eros Guide needs a strong Senior-Level Linux systems administrator
to be a part of our technical team. We are seeking the unique individual
with a passion for maintaining robust systems to support our dynamic,
feature-rich web sites and web applications. This is a key engineering
position in an established, profitable, privately held web company.

You will have the opportunity to utilize a broad range of hardware and
software knowledge in your maintenance and enhancement of our internal
and external servers. The ultimate responsibility of this position is
the care and maintenance of our high-traffic Web servers and databases.
This position will also entail performing server and software upgrades
and maintenance, as well as some internal customer service applications
support. These tasks generally require someone to work odd hours
occasionally, participate in regularly scheduled rotating pager duty and
otherwise be available for consultation on a 24x7 basis in case of
emergencies.

BECAUSE OF THE NATURE OF OUR BUSINESS A COVER LETTER IS REQUIRED FOR
APPLICATION STATING THAT YOU ARE COMFORTABLE WITH THE INDUSTRY. PLEASE
READ OUR ENTIRE POSTING BEFORE RESPONDING.

THE COMPANY:
The Eros Guide ( http://www.eros-guide.com <http://www.eros-guide.com/>
) is a fast growing, elegantly done, erotic online guide featuring photo
advertisements for adult entertainers, including escorts, BDSM, massage,
nightlife and more. We have web sites open in over 35 areas throughout
the US, Canada and Europe with many more planned over the next year.
You can think of us as the Internet yellow pages for nightlife and adult
services. In fact, the yellow pages and local magazines and newspapers
carry the same type of advertising.

We are not a porn site. We are an advertising agency with a particular
focus of adult entertainment and we are proud of our market position as
the largest adult services guide in the world.

Our Oakland, California/Jack London Square office and our Raleigh, North
Carolina office are both beautiful and our work atmosphere is flexible
and fun. Enjoy our fun environment, great benefits package and many
growth opportunities.

RESPONSIBILITIES:

* Install, configure, and maintain Linux servers
* Perform OS and hardware troubleshooting, as well as other kinds
of problem resolution including coordinating repairs with vendors
* Monitor system stability and performance
* Installation and deployment of development, testing, staging and
production databases
* Creation and testing of backup plans and disaster recovery
scenarios
* Manage security of database servers and sensitive corporate data

* Data maintenance, including creation of data loading scripts and
transferring live data between production, testing, staging and
development servers

THE REQUIREMENTS:
* 5+ years Linux system administration, including Red Hat and/or CentOS
packages

* Experience with Apache configuration and management

* Experience interfacing front-end web pages to databases
* Experience dealing with tape and disk backup strategies, including
recovery

* Experience supporting Postfix and Sendmail installations

* Experience with DNS and BIND management
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills

USEFUL SKILLS BUT NOT REQUIRED:
* Windows 2000 Server Administration

* Experience managing Nagios and Cacti, HP OpenView or Unicenter

* Experience with virtualized servers and SANs

* Experience managing Microsoft SQL Server 2000, PostgreSQL and/or MySql
a BIG PLUS, including server setup, database backup and database
recovery

* Software development or script programming in Java, Perl or PHP

THE CANDIDATE:
Minimum 5 years professional working experience on the Internet
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to work independently and proactively.
Ability to problem-solve and brainstorm in a team-oriented environment
to solve business needs.
Ability to evaluate various software options and present the best
solution to solve business needs.
Experience working with short-term deadlines with little supervision

THE COMPENSATION:
Salary is competitive and includes a generous benefits package and
bonuses. Our benefits include vacation, sick, paid holidays, paid
birthday off, health and dental and vision, life insurance, short and
long term disability, cafeteria plans and a 401K program!

THE APPLICATION:
Please take the time to really explore both our web site
(http://www.eros-guide.com <http://www.eros-guide.com/> ) and ezine
(http://www.eros-zine.com <http://www.eros-zine.com/> ).

Be sure you read our job posting in detail.. And then include a custom
cover letter to:
1) let us know which position you are applying for
2) let us know you are okay with our business
3) fill us in on your salary requirements
4) tell us what you have to offer
Send your resume along with your cover letter to jason(dot)ko(at)bbhmedia(dot)com