Re: what are rules for?

From: Martin Gainty <mgainty(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: Michael Shulman <shulman(at)mathcamp(dot)org>, Dean Rasheed <dean_rasheed(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>, <adam(dot)r(at)sbcglobal(dot)net>
Subject: Re: what are rules for?
Date: 2008-06-26 16:01:53
Lists: pgsql-general

Mike-

If I understand your question you could use a 'row-trigger'
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96524/c18trigs.htm#1907
specificy initial filtering thru 'Trigger Restriction'

consequent specifics of which row to process can be handled in the 'Trigger Action'

Anyone else?
Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note