Re: NUMA architecture and PostgreSQL

From: Fabricio <fabrixio1(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <postgresql(at)tisc(dot)de>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: NUMA architecture and PostgreSQL
Date: 2008-11-27 16:45:47
Lists: pgsql-admin

> I suppose this has nothing to do with PostgreSQL but needs some> operating system level tuning. Maybe there is a way to bind the postgres> processes to one node's CPUs... What operating system are you using?

I am using Red Hat Enterprise 5.2, kernel 2.6.18-92.el5 x86_64
> I know that there are ways to bind processes to a CPU on Linux, I'm not> sure how to assign multiple processes to multiple CPUs. The Linux> scheduler should know about NUMA architectures though, there not that> new any more.

something like this?
numactl --membind=1 su - postgres -c "/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_ctl start -D /usr/local/pgsql/data/"
this bind memory to node 1 to use the shared memory on node 1 and cpus preferred node 1. With this the other processes and S.O by default will use the node 0?

thanks...
Realiza búsquedas en Internet y llévate hasta ¡Un Auto!
http://www.ganabuscando.com/Default.aspx