NUMA architecture and PostgreSQL

From: Fabricio <fabrixio1(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: NUMA architecture and PostgreSQL
Date: 2008-11-27 01:13:41
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi...

I have an IBM server with NUMA architecture, two nodes with 4 CPU quad core and 64 GB of RAM each, and PostgrSQL 8.3.5. Is there any way to avoid the performance degradation when the load goes up and used the two nodes? I understand this performance degradation is due to the higher latency than a cpu access a remote memory that the  local memory. But there are ways to improve this?

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2005-04/msg01187.php

Any suggestions?     Greetings...             Thanks...

P.D. Live Search tiene una sorpresa buenísima, chécala aquí.
http://www.ganabuscando.com/Default.aspx