Install Problem on Windows XP Home - Password Issue

From: "Patrick Isaac" <patjisaac(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Install Problem on Windows XP Home - Password Issue
Date: 2005-07-14 13:14:15
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello,

I was installing the Windows version of PostgreSQL 8.0.3 (I am running
Windows XP Home) when I got to the screen that asks for a password, I left
if blank and went to the next screen. I decided to go back and change it but
now I get "Account error. Invalid username specified" and can't even install
the program. I searched Google and found this person with the same
problem...

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/pgsql.bugs/browse_thread/thread/89246343eb2d9041/23f6895d200c35f2?q=%22Invalid+username+specified%22+and+%22postgresql%22&rnum=1&hl=en#23f6895d200c35f2

The suggested solution is to delete the account and start over. The problem
is, I cannot find the account to delete it. Can anyone tell me where I would
look to find the account and delete it?

I've already gone to Control Panel/System clicked on the Advanced tab and
then clicked on the User Profiles section and postgres is not listed there.
Is there someone else I can look?