Re: correct format for date, time, timestamp for XML functionality

From: "Pavel Stehule" <pavel(dot)stehule(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org, peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net
Subject: Re: correct format for date, time, timestamp for XML functionality
Date: 2007-02-20 16:05:55
Lists: pgsql-patches
>I'm not sure that we are actually guaranteeing anything about XML validity
>against any schema or DTD, are we?

what?

ofcourse you cannot garant validity against any schema. But mapping
functions are standardised and expect xsd. And I what I can meet protocols
based on xml, they respect xsd everywhere.

I repeat. When XML functions don't produce XML schema, then all is possible.
But using xsd standard is safe way (like ISO format in SQL world). With
nested XML schema whitch is related to xsd there isn't any different way.

The best solution is validation XML before output to client. pg have to
produce everytime valid xml

>If there was previous email I apologise, as I didn't find it when I looked.
>Perhaps in such cases you could include a ref to the archive URL.
>
>cheers
>
>andrew

simple tips.
http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Taxes/PreparationTips/PreparationTips.aspx?icid=HMFebtagline