Re: Remote X viewing of pgaccess

From: "Lee Harr" <missive(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Remote X viewing of pgaccess
Date: 2004-05-26 20:11:33
Lists: pgsql-general
>I don't have a problem but need to know exactly what is going on:
>
>I am able to ssh into the server running Postgresql then set
>display:0.0 to my machine in order to run and view the pgaccess X app
>on my desktop.
>
>Does this mean that the pgaccess connection is ssh-protected
>(encrypted)?

That depends.

pgaccess has 2 connections. It has a connection to your x-server
which is being forwarded through the ssh tunnel. That one is
encrypted.

It also has some kind of connection to the postgresql database
server. That could be by unix domain socket, or it could be via
tcp-ip, and the db server could be on the same system as the
pgaccess client, or it could be on another computer altogether.

In any case, the db connection has nothing to do with your
ssh connection.

pgsql-general by date