Dynamic Record Type Field Names

From: "Majolee InfoTech (Hotmail)" <themajolee(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Dynamic Record Type Field Names
Date: 2004-08-21 14:10:12
Lists: pgsql-php
Hello,

We are using a Postgresql 7.4 DB.

We need a function in pl/pgsql which will return a delimited text based data from a table where table name is passed as argument.

While trying to loop through using "For record In Execute query Loop" we can not use field names for geting a specific filed value.

So we are finding other ways to get data from record and append it to a string.

We tried using a dynamic function generation where we pass the record to that function but there seems to be some error when passing record to a recently generated function.

Any help would be great.

Mihir & Biren
Partners
Majolee InfoTech

pgsql-php by date

Next:From: Gary HoffmanDate: 2004-08-26 05:16:04