Silly Newbie question

From: Aaron Spiteri <azzmosphere(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Silly Newbie question
Date: 2008-02-28 12:52:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

To all,

I am brand new to writing functions for PostgreSQL and understand that this question has been asked one hundred and one times. Please be patient with me, I do learn quickly.

My question is:

I wish to create a an aggregate function and have read and re-read the 34.10 section of the 8.3 documentation as well as scanned through the fmgr header file. My problem is that I know certain structures are created with the idea of retaining information for use in the state function but I don't really understand which structures I should be looking at and how to initilize them (if needed) in the sfunc. Any pushes in the right direction would be very appreciated, I am using the Version 1 calling convention.

Thanks in advance.

Aaron

It's simple! Sell your car for just $30 at CarPoint.com.au
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fsecure%2Dau%2Eimrworldwide%2Ecom%2Fcgi%2Dbin%2Fa%2Fci%5F450304%2Fet%5F2%2Fcg%5F801459%2Fpi%5F1004813%2Fai%5F859641&_t=762955845&_r=tig_OCT07&_m=EXT