Switching Between Databases

From: "Michael Peters" <mike101a(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Switching Between Databases
Date: 2007-07-21 06:25:42
Lists: pgsql-odbc
I was not entirely sure how to frame my search of ODBC mailing database on
this topic so my apologies if it has been previously discussed at length.

When using the MySQL ODBC driver it is possible to frame an SQL query to
select a chosen database on the fly.within a single DSN Connection Instance

For example

    Select * from weather.cities

Would select everything from the Cities Table within the Weather DB.

Alternatively

   Use Weather
   Select * from cities

Would do the same thing but require two SQL statements similar to psql which
would be

   \c weather
   Select * from cities

Question

Is it possible when using the PostgreSQL ODBC driver to switch back and
forth between different Databases within a single connection instance?

Mike

Advertisement: Make shopping exciting. Find what you want at www.eBay.com.au
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Frover%2Eebay%2Ecom%2Frover%2F1%2F705%2D10129%2D5668%2D323%2F4%2F%3Fid%3D6&_t=763807330&_r=email_taglines_EBAY&_m=EXT

pgsql-odbc by date