Restoring to a different tablespace

From: "Joeseph Blowseph" <joseph_blowseph(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Restoring to a different tablespace
Date: 2005-12-26 13:05:25
Lists: pgsql-novice

I ran a default windows installation and consequently the public schema uses
my c: drive. There's not much space on there and I need to restore a fairly
large backup that was taken on a different machine.

I've created a tablespace with a datafile on my f: drive and configured a
user to have that tablespace as its default. The user is the same name as
the user which owned the tables on the original database. If I log on as
that user and create a table, the table is created in the new tablespace as
expected.

However, if I run a restore, connecting as the new user, the tables are
owned by the user as expected, but they are going to the default tablespace
and blowing my C: filesystem. Can anyone advise how to import the tables
into the new tablespace? I've tried various combinations of parameters for
the restore, including the -o option but so far haven't managed to crack it.

Thanks,
JB.

http://www.msn.co.uk/newsletters