Write performance on a large database

From: Håvard Wahl Kongsgård <haavard(dot)kongsgaard(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Write performance on a large database
Date: 2011-06-09 12:15:26
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi, I have performance issues on very large database(100GB). Reading from
the database is no problem, but writing(or heavy writing) is a nightmare.
I have tried tuning postgresql, but that does not seem to improving the
writing performance.
To improve the write performance, what are my options?

--
Håvard Wahl Kongsgård

http://havard.security-review.net/