3rd Party Advocacy questions

From: "Javier Soltero" <javier(dot)soltero(at)hyperic(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: 3rd Party Advocacy questions
Date: 2004-09-14 05:17:02
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Greetings,

My company (Hyperic, LLC of San Francisco) is about to launch a new
release of our management platform (Hyperic HQ 1.5). One of the key
highlights of this release is management support for 7.x and 8.x
versions of PostgreSQL as well as the fact that we are using PG 8.0
(currently beta 2) as our built in database. Our product ships on Linux,
Solaris, and Win32 and so far the experience of embedding the database
into our product has been incredibly pleasant.

(Some background... We started building the product with Postgres back
in late '02, but were forced by poor management decisions to choose
Pointbase because of its inherent portability... It was a big mistake).

In any case, I'd like to see if the folks on this list can advise me a
bit on what the proper vehicles for posting announcements of this kind
within the PostgreSQL user community, especially given the fact that
we're going to include it in our windows version of the product. We're
hard at work evangelizing PG to our customers (especially those who
evaluated our product and decided to not purchase because Oracle was the
only real option they could opt for for production) but I'd like to make
sure that we're going about this in a way which helps you all spread the
word, especially about 8.0.

Any suggestions or comments appreciated. If this question is better
suited for a different forum, I apologize for the noise... Pg-advocacy
seemed most appropriate to me.

Finally, the Hyperic dev team and I would like to thank you all for
creating and supporting such a tremendous project. I've been a longtime
PostgreSQL user, and am absolutely stoked that we are finally able to
ship it as the backend for our product and that it performs so
incredibly well.

Best regards,
Javier Soltero
Architect - Hyperic, LLC