Postmaster core dumps

From: "Costa, Rodrigo Alves" <r(dot)costa(at)siemens(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Postmaster core dumps
Date: 2005-11-03 22:15:01
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hello :)

I have installed cygwin under a wxp machine and everything went good
until the time I had to start postmaster (postmaster -D
/usr/local/pgsql/data/). After that, I got a Segmentation Fault (Core
Dumped) message.

I have searched the internet for solutions regarding this problem and
looks like you have gone little far in it (I have seen even wonderings
on semaphores). I would like to know if you have a solution so I can
bring the server up.

Thank you very much!

Rodrigo Alves Costa
Project Management Institute Member