Installing PostgreSQL

From: "Campbell, Lance" <lance(at)uiuc(dot)edu>
To: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Installing PostgreSQL
Date: 2007-08-23 16:47:15
Lists: pgsql-performance
Should installation questions be sent here or to the admin listserv?

OS: redhat linux

Version of PostgreSQL: 8.2.4

I had a group that now manages our server set up a directory/partition
for us to put postgreSQL into.  The directory is called pgsql_data.  The
directory is more than a regular directory.  It contains a subdirectory
called "lost+found".  I would assume this is a logical partition.  I
tried installing postgreSQL directly into this directory but it failed
since there is a file in this directory, "lost+found".  Is there a way
around this?  Worst case scenario I will create a subdirectory called
data and put the install in there.  I would have preferred to put it
directly into the pgsql_data.  There would be no other files that would
have gone into the directory/partition other than postgreSQL.  Would it
be possible for me to install postgreSQL into a sub directory of
pgsql_data and then move the files up a directory into pgsql_data?

Thanks,

Lance Campbell

Project Manager/Software Architect

Web Services at Public Affairs

University of Illinois

217.333.0382

http://webservices.uiuc.edu

pgsql-performance by date

Next:From: Greg SmithDate: 2007-08-23 17:00:57