Table partitioning - is anything coming?

From: Igor Kryltsov <kryltsov(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Table partitioning - is anything coming?
Date: 2010-07-03 01:55:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Hi Guys,

I am not asking any firm dates but when (and if) do you think roughly
it will be any enhancements on automating partitioning in Postgres?

I am looking at this post -
http://valgogtech.blogspot.com/2008/04/table-partitioning-automation-triggers.html
and thinking of building a simple web page (attached) which will allow
me to build all infrastructure to store log files in partitioned
tables.

As I am a super lazy guy I wanted to know if anything similar is
coming soon officially from you. If anybody have any suggestions on
how to make UI better or can contribute underlying code please email
me on ivk {at} deepshiftlabs {dot} com

Thank you
Igor