Send a command to postgres and close the program

From: Thiago Godoi <thiagogodoi10(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Send a command to postgres and close the program
Date: 2010-09-08 12:01:41
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Hello guys,

I'm doing a program that will send a command to the database but the
execution of this command spends a lot of time and client probably will
close the java program .

The problem is that I need the command continue running after the client
close the program.

I'm thinking about send the query to the postgres and close the connection
.Is possible do it without stop the command ? How can I do it?

Another ideas?

Thanks

--
Thiago Godoi

pgsql-jdbc by date

Next:From: Fabien JalabertDate: 2010-09-08 12:09:27
Subject: Re: postgresql 8.4 type mapping problem