Re: Help with User-defined function in PostgreSQL with Visual C++

From: Itagaki Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com>, Esteban Zimanyi <estebanzimanyi(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Help with User-defined function in PostgreSQL with Visual C++
Date: 2010-09-28 03:26:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 12:12 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> If we do so, many PGDLLEXPORT will be added:
>>  *  17 in src/tutorial
>>  * 507 in contrib
>> for each exported PGFunction, _PG_init, and _PG_fini.
>
> Oh - I didn't realize this meant marking lots of things in contrib
> that didn't otherwise need to be marked.  Why do other people need
> this if we don't?

As I mentioned, we don't need the marks in our build environment at all.
So, the PGDLLEXPORT marks are for users who refers our tutorials and
contrib modules as sample codes.

Personally, I learned many idioms from contrib modules, but didn't
notice the tutorial directory. I think codes in contribs are often
copied-and-pasted. So, if we add PGDLLEXPORTs to some places,
I'd like to add them to contribs, too.

--
Itagaki Takahiro