queries on different tables

From: preetika tyagi <preetikatyagi(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-students(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: queries on different tables
Date: 2011-02-28 19:28:15
Lists: pgsql-students
Hi

Could anyone please help me in understanding the internals of PostgreSQL?
Whenever I execute queries on two different tables (same database) from two
different clients simultaneously, it takes longer to execute that query for
one of the client (execution time is less if I do not execute these queries
simultaneously). I am confused why should the queries on completely
different tables interfere with each other?

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
Preetika

pgsql-students by date

Next:From: preetika tyagiDate: 2011-03-15 19:49:46