Re: pgAdmin III commit: Revert the previous change that introduced sysSetti

From: Peter Geoghegan <peter(dot)geoghegan86(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgAdmin III commit: Revert the previous change that introduced sysSetti
Date: 2011-02-17 14:59:23
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Whoops. I had a false sense of security from ctlListView, where the
ambiguity between which is the preferred cast from the double and long
overloads prevents AppendItem(true) type calls from compiling at all.
I thought that there were no such calls to Write() overloads here -
however, there was an implicit cast to int that didn't occur with
ctlListView, which is what caused the problem.

I would like to produce a new patch where we deal with the problem
correctly, and create multiple, non-overloaded variants plus the
vanilla string function that is simply called write(), ala wx
perl/python bindings. That's probably not that hard to do, and is a
better, safer interface for us to use, considering that these calls
are fairly prevalent. Objections?

--
Regards,
Peter Geoghegan