do i need to define a table before importing csv data using copy?

From: Lille Penguini <lille(dot)penguini(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: do i need to define a table before importing csv data using copy?
Date: 2011-02-14 22:58:51
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi,

I have several csv files each from whose many columns I only require a small
subset. How can I avoid the trouble of specifying tables with columns I
won't need just to import all this data?

Any suggestions using command line or pgadmin III would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Lille

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: YAMAMOTO TakashiDate: 2011-02-15 02:06:46