Re: Trac tickets

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Trac tickets
Date: 2010-12-31 01:30:22
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 5:29 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> No to trac reports as they ain't complete now. Dave and I talked about
> that in Stuttgart, and we decided that quick bugs to fix won't have a
> trac ticket. We'll only use trac's bugtracker to keep track of unfixed bugs.
> I would be much more in favor to drop the changelog and use "git log"
> instead.
>> (Hint: I hate the changelog file because I keep forgetting to update
>> it, and it sucks to handle it in the main repo due to how it
>> integrates with branches)
> Can't agree more :)

The CHANGELOG is supposed to be a list of "changes that are
interesting to the user", ie. the changes that we include in release
notices etc. Git log includes a ton of extra stuff, and would require
significant manual filtering at release time to produce the change log

Dave Page
Twitter: @pgsnake

EnterpriseDB UK:
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company